Jewelry Care Guide
HOW TO KEEP JEWELRY LOOKING ITS BEST?
Most of ALOHA GAIA jewelry is made of steering silver. It is not covered with rhodium plating so that it keeps warm color and soft shine. However, silver by its nature can be vulnerable to the external environmental factors.
To avoid these changes and to always feel happy when wearing your jewelry as if you bought it today, just follow these simple rules:
- Protect jewelry from exposure to high temperatures, moisture, rubber, paper, and cotton. Some materials can contain coarse fibers, which can cause scratches on the surface of your jewelry.
- Remove jewelry while cleaning to prevent exposure to chemicals as well as damages.
- Do not wear jewelry during visiting a gym, pool or sauna.
- Avoid exposure to sulfur, chlorine, and mercury that are contained in some cosmetics. They can darken silver jewelry.
- Every day, wipe the jewelry with a soft cloth or a special cloth for silver. This will reduce the tarnishing process.
- Keep your jewelry in a cool, dry and dark place, after putting each piece in a separate plastic bag or a special cloth bag.
And also within some time (not more than once a month), you need to clean the jewelry. This procedure will not take much time.
- A professional cleaning kit includes wipes, cream or liquid. While using this method, please, be considerate of the soft texture of stones: it can be damaged by this mixture.
- You can rinse the jewelry thoroughly in soapy water (you can also add ammonia: 1 tablespoon for 1 liter) for 15 minutes and then dry it with a soft cloth.
- One more method is to use a paste of baking soda. Gently rub it into the surface of the jewelry, and rinse when the tarnish is removed.